Thursday, June 4, 2009

Not Today Yet

As usual, I never missed any of the shows that you performed after all these years. I was sitting there alone, watching you and the performance. You still looked great. After the show ended, I left quietly without saying my goodbye, not making my presence felt. You caught a glimspe of me and ran after me halfway through the dialogue.

"I've seen you at every of my single show."

"Today's performance was great" I replied, turned around and began to walk away.

"But you always leave before I could catch you, can we just get a coffee later?"

I looked at you with a pinch in my heart and said " Not today. We will, the day when I've stopped loving you."

As I walked off, I began to wonder if there would ever be one day I could sit down with you at the cafe, with a cup of our favourite, cafe latte.




- love and hate are two poles apart yet they differ by just that line.

No comments: